Twitter helps artists, musicians and content creators create conversations. These conversations help create value and form connections. Because of the volume of tweets, Twitter hacks can help you communicate more efficiently in real-time.
Over the years Twitter has created a gateway to engage and connect with fans. Content creators have continued to use the platform for building a connection, reaching attendees of events, promoting new releases and previewing merchandise.
The real power is that artists, musicians and content creators can now update the appropriate parties with a single tweet. One of Twitter’s biggest overall hacks is that it allows user to organize information through Twitter lists, search and hashtags.
Now lets deep dive into 20 Twitter facts that make the platform a go-to for artists, musicians and content creators.
- Twitter has 145 million monetizable daily active users.
- 30 million (or 20%) of Twitter’s daily users are American.
- 92% of the U.S. population is familiar with Twitter (even if they don’t use it).
- 22% of adults in the U.S. use Twitter.
- 44% of U.S. 18- to 24-year-olds use Twitter.
- U.S.-based Twitter users are younger, have more education, and more income than the general U.S. population.
- The most active U.S. Twitter users have 20x as many followers, on average.
- 12% of Americans get their news from Twitter (71% of Americans on Twitter are using it to read news.).
- Twitter’s site referral traffic is up 6%, year-over-year (Instagram: 56%, Facebook: 29%, YouTube: 22%).
- Twitter users are more likely to like brands that are inclusive and transparent.
- Twitter ad engagement is up 23%.
- Twitter ads with video are 50% cheaper in cost-per-engagement.
- Twitter users spend 26% more time with ads than other social media users.
- Twitter users spend 24% more time with ads posted by ‘creators’.
- 25% of Twitter’s most prolific users use scheduling software.
- Tweets with hashtags gets 100% more engagement.
- People watch 2 billion videos on Twitter per day.
- Watching video is the #3 reason people use Twitter.
- Tweets with video get 10x the engagement.
- 93% of video views on Twitter happen on mobile.
7 Twitter Hacks To Give You An Edge
1. Create A Twitter Content Strategy And Schedule Tweets
Creating a Twitter content strategy and scheduling tweets can aid you in saving valuable time.
Twitter content strategies can also increase user engagement. You will be able to schedule, plan and post your content at a desired time.
Preferably sticking to the schedule you have created. Your content strategy will provide you with a timeline of when you will be distributing content and can give you an opportunity to edit (if necessary).
You can determine the best times to engage with your target audience and set up your Twitter profile accordingly. Including links in your Twitter profile can help increase engage and drive traffic offsite.
There are also a number of social media management platforms that allow you to set up automation. These features choose the optimal times to post on social media that aligns with when your audience is online.
Most algorithms will explore your audience’s viewing habits and will produce a ‘best time to tweet’ based on the algorithm’s recommendations.
2. Use ‘Twitter Alerts’ To Keep Track Of Your Brand
You can create a ‘Tweet Alert’ and receive emails about your brand or content sent straight to your inbox.
Tweet Alerts can be tailored to certain criteria as well. You will have the control to be as specific or as broad as you will like. You will be notified every time someone comments on your products, content, name or brand. This will aid you in staying up to date with overall feedback and opinions on your content and even other artists’ fans or content.
3. Pay Attention To Your Followers (Listen)
Identify your top influencers and monitor what they are talking about. Once you know their interests, you’ll be able to engage more effectively.
It’s also important to know which of your followers unfollow you to help you understand if you should be adjusting your messages and engagement. Know who in your network is not following you back and take action.
You can analyze your network with tools to help you be smart about building and managing who you follow and who follows you.
4. Set Up Twitter Lists
Twitter lists is a content creator’s best friend. You will quickly realize after being on Twitter a while, that it impossible to keep up with your timeline and everything that may interest you.
Twitter lists will help you create custom Twitter timelines of specific audiences without having to follow them. These lists can be public or private. Twitter lists can include other artists, musicians, content creators and even fans.
Twitter list is a great way to network and stay connected with record executives, A&Rs, social media influencers, as well as your favorite podcast & radio personalities.
Twitter lists allow you to engage, follow and stay up to date with what’s happening currently. Which opens up the opportunity for you to comment, like, retweet or even DM prospects.
Altogether, you will enhance your Twitter experience by interacting with your target audience and building your brand along the way.
5. Use Screenshots To Get Your Point Across
Screenshots are a great way to communicate when 280-characters just isn’t enough. It also creates a personal feel as well. Everyone texts or writes notes in their phones, so it’s human connection that many of your followers will relate to.
Screenshots can be uploaded as photos and will be available for your future fans to look back on. So be aware of the power that this form of communications holds, energy is everything when connecting with people and building a fan base/
6. Embed Your Tweets
Twitter allows you to embed tweets on your website or blog. This is a great form of communication as well and what makes Twitter a valuable medium. Other websites and blogs will have the access to perform this action as well. It’s a indirect way to promote your Twitter, content and brand.
Here’s how you execute:
1. Select the Tweet you want to embed.
2. Choose the drop-down arrow to the right of your @name.
3. Pick ‘Embed Tweet’ (3rd choice).
4. This will take you to Twitter/Publish, where you will select ‘Copy Code’ and paste it into your website or blog’s HTML document.
7. Produce Twitter Ads To Reach Potential Followers
Promotional messages can help spread your message and reach those followers you’ve never interacted with. Although, these messages can become repetitive if you don’t target the appropriate audiences.
Twitter ads will allow you send out tweets that will influence a new audience and leave out your current followers.
This is how:
1. Access your Twitter ads dashboard.
2. Choose your ‘Path of Action’ (Promote Mode or Twitter Ads Campaign)
3. Select your objective Awareness: (Reach or In-Stream Video Views), Consideration: (Video Views, App Installs, Website Clicks, Engagement, Followers), Conversion (App re-engagements) .
4. Choose ‘Engagements (Get people to engage with your tweets)’
5. Customize your campaign.
Setup MORE Lists and Follow Hashtags
One of the knocks on Twitter is that it used to be hard to follow.
Overtime, the Twitter UX team has addressed those issues by making the Twitter experience more enticing for the casual user.
It used to be,that if you weren’t on Twitter and someone tweeted something, you wouldn’t see it until you access the app later and searched or scrolled through your timeline.
The overall idea of Twitter is that you are online with other people at the same time (in real-time). Understandably, you won’t be able to see what everyone is tweeting at the same time. This is why Twitter lists and hashtags are key to the flow of communication and engagement.
Twitter is essentially a giant public chat room for all to see.
Twitter now includes a setting for you to filter your timeline by ‘Latest tweets’ or ‘Top tweets’. The ‘Latest tweets’ setting will display real-time tweets and the ‘Top tweets’ setting will display tweets from the accounts that you interact with the most.
This timeline setting can be switched back and forth for your convenience. This is a way for you to stay up to date with everything that is happening while you’re not on Twitter.
In addition to using these tactics, here are some tips to help make your Twitter experience more efficient.
- You can go directly to the page of the person you want to follow and see what they’ve tweeted or set up alerts to get a notification every time they tweet.
- Search for the hashtags of the event or conversation you want to join, then select the “Live” tab to see ‘real-time tweets’ that are a part of the larger conversation.
- Turn on your push notifications. Download the mobile app on your phone so you can get push notifications, such as ‘Popular Tweets’, Network activity and related news when it breaks. This is a great feature when you are trying to keep an eye on certain topics or content creators and can’t be online at every second.